One Phat Grrl

onephatgrrl@yahoo.com

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Today is Tuesday and I have a Sociology paper due on Thursday, six to eight pages long, MLA style...that I haven't even started yet. I'm such a procrasitator sometimes...

At any rate, as you may (or more that likely do not) know--I'm in school right now. I'm working on a BS in Social Work. With that, I need at least 40 hours volunteering at some sort of social service agency or group. So, I've gotten in touch with several area groups that I might like to plug in to and volunteer. They are:

Alive Hospice--Pretty self explanatory (with it being hospice and all).
Crisis Counselor--I believe this is answering incoming calls from folks in crisis.
Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Nashville--mentoring like program, but better!

I've heard from Alive and Crisis, both are sending me packets to fill out. I'm excited. I want to get involved and keep busy. Being busy is a really, really good idea.

An on a totally unrelated subject--Hay fever has begun, I have hella sinus drainage happening and to top it off--about 4 more weeks to the freakin secada's come. I am so not looking forward to this. I remember when they came in this wave the last time, I was in 6th grade ( believe) and it sucked so much. I really hate flying bugs. Especially when they are EVERYWHERE!